Applications Open for the Inaugural Regional Screen in LA Scholarship Program06.11.2018
Regional screen industry organisation Screenworks and Los Angeles-based Australians in Film (AiF) have made a nationwide call-out for regional screenwriters and content creators to apply for its inaugural Regional Screen in LA Scholarship Program.
Specifically targeted at supporting established screenwriters and content creators, the new scholarship program will feature a bespoke 4-week residency in Los Angeles valued at AUD$20,000. Applicants are required to have at least one significant key creative drama credit or equivalent experience and intend to develop screen drama content set in regional Australia. Applications will close on 9th December.
“Across Australia there are many talented storytellers, screenwriters and content creators who have incredible lived experiences and stories to share with global audiences” explained Screenworks CEO, Ken Crouch, “thanks to our collaborators at Australians in Film and our philanthropic supporters, we can now offer an extraordinary opportunity and provide international screen industry introductions and professional development to bring their stories to screens around the world.”
Australian’s in Film Executive Director Peter Ritchie said “the U.S industry has a great appetite for original and unique storytellers from around the world, and we are excited to be working with Screenworks to provide this insightful career-focused scholarship to a highly motivated and creative regional screen practitioner.”
Screenworks and AiF previously announced that the annual scholarship program will run for 3 years. Each annual scholarship opportunity is valued at approximately $20,000 AUD and includes:
- Return economy airfares from Australia to Los Angeles
- Living allowance and rent assistance for their 4-week residency in LA
- Support with travel arrangements and preparing in the lead up to the opportunity
- Five one-hour personalised sessions with industry consultants designed to equip the resident with general US industry knowledge, provide feedback and act as a sounding board during the residency
- Introductions to relevant industry executives and creatives aligned to the recipients experience and needs
- Either: a LIVEREAD LA or an LA SCREENING event
- Follow-up one-on-one personalised consultations with Screenworks following their return from Los Angeles
Applications for the inaugural Regional Screen in LA Scholarship Program will close at 11.59pm AEDST on 9th December 2018.
For more information visit screenworks.com.au