Runway Travel Bursary | Liveworks 201818.09.2018
Runway are offering a travel bursary to support an artist/writer/curator from Regional New South Wales to attend Liveworks 2018 (18 – 28 October) and Writing for Experimental Performance Workshop (Saturday 27 October).
To be considered, please submit:
- A visual or writing sample
- a statement of up to 500 words outlining your interest in this program including what elements of the festival you are interested in responding to, and an indication of your proposed mode of response (written content, interview, illustrated, video etc…)
Proposals Deadline Extended: Sunday 23 September 2018
About Liveworks Festival of Experimental Art 2018:
Performance Space presents Liveworks, ten days of extraordinary experimental art from across Australia and the Asia-Pacific from the 18 – 28 of October.
The 2018 Liveworks Festival will continue to dazzle, engage and inspire with innovative new work by acclaimed Australian and Asia Pacific artists. Leap into a program of bold and brave new work that invites you to wade through wet foundations, get lost in otherworldly landscapes, witness bodies laid bare and broken, silently embrace strangers and escape to a visionary future led by women of colour.
Liveworks is the place to discover what’s next in contemporary art and brush shoulders with some of the most brilliant artists of our time. Performances, installations, virtual reality and beyond – Liveworks is your chance to #getexperimental.
The successful Travel Bursary recipient will attend Liveworks and the Writing Workshop and report on the event for Runway’s online platform, Conversations.
The Travel Bursary includes:
- $1200 to assist with travel and accommodation
- $200 writer’s fee for a response to be published on Runway Conversations.
- Access to Writing for Experimental Performance Workshop (Saturday 27 October).
- Mentoring with editors of Runway Conversations
For more information and to apply visit conversations.runway.org.au/travel-bursary-liveworks-2018/