Job Opportunity | Orana Arts, Cultural Projects Officer27.06.2018
Are you passionate about Indigenous arts? Do you want to contribute to and support regional creative communities? Orana Arts is seeking applications for a part-time (21 hours a week) Cultural Projects Officer to assist the ATSIA Programs Manager in delivering Aboriginal arts programs across the Orana region.
You will be assisting with wide-ranging activities including contributing to ATSIA programs plans and strategies; community liaison and consultation; project support and development; managing creative performances and exhibitions; communications and marketing; and facilitating workshops across various locations.
The Cultural Projects Officer will be required to:
- assist in the development of partnerships, opportunities, programs and projects with creatives, organisations and community groups to enhance creative skills, practice and knowledge
- assist in facilitating arts workshops across the Orana region
- develop databases for community access
- assist in ATSIA programs communications
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will:
- be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage
- have a keen interest in regional Aboriginal Arts and culture
- have a demonstrated capacity to contribute to the development and implementation of an Aboriginal Arts and Culture projects and team
- hold an Employee Working with Children Check (mandatory)
- be prepared to undertake an Australian Criminal History Check (mandatory)
- hold a current NSW Driver’s Licence (mandatory) and be willing to travel
- be motivated and reliable
Please submit your application, including a cover letter and resumé, by 5pm, Monday 16 July 2018. To speak with someone about this exciting opportunity, please contact:
ASTIA Programs Manager
0409 245 020
Please note: you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident to apply for this position. This role as been funded by Create NSW from the Creative Koori initiative and is a six month contract position.