Job Opportunity | Programs and Events Coordinator, M&G NSW08.01.2018
Are you passionate about working with and supporting museums and galleries in NSW? Would you like an opportunity to contribute to the development of staff and volunteers within the small to medium museum sector in NSW?
Looking to return to the workforce or to supplement income while completing tertiary studies? Then this part-time position might be the chance you’ve been looking for to develop your career, working with Museums & Galleries of NSW (M&G NSW).
M&G NSW works with museums, galleries and Aboriginal cultural centres throughout NSW to create exciting and inspiring experiences for visitors and strong, thriving local communities. We develop their skills, connect them with others in the industry, provide funding, point visitors their way, and give them access to ground-breaking exhibitions.
Our focus is the 500+ small to medium sized organisations in NSW that have the passion to inspire their communities and visitors through art, artefacts, stories and ideas, but do not always have the means to realise their potential. With 66% of museums, galleries and cultural centres located outside of metro areas, we also want to help more people discover the many cultural gems NSW has to offer.
This position is responsible for the coordination of M&G NSW skill development programs and events that are developed and presented to support the small to medium museum and gallery sector across NSW. It also coordinates the annual IMAGinE awards and the Fellowship, Mentorship, and Volunteer Placement program, a Create NSW devolved grant program.
The salary is $50,960 (pro-rata 3 days per week) + 9.5% employer superannuation contribution and standard leave entitlements. Please note that the position is offered as 4 days pw through to the end of March 2018.
1. Please download and read the position description here.
To discuss your interest, and for further information, please contact Michael Rolfe on 02 9252 8300 (during business hours), or on the email below.
2. Once you’ve discussed your application, please email the following as PDF documents to email@example.com by COB Tuesday 23rd January
- a cover letter/email addressing why you would like this position
- a statement of no more than four pages that addresses how your skills, knowledge and experience match each of the points listed in the Knowledge and Experience section of the position description; and
- a Resume and contact details for two work related referees