Sculpture in an Orange Garden | Call for Works05.12.2017
The Friends of Orange Regional Gallery are pleased to Call for Works for the inaugural Sculpture in an Orange Garden selling exhibition.
Sculpture in an Orange Garden will be held on Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th April 2018 in Orange NSW, a large regional city with a vibrant art, music, wine and food culture. It will be held in conjunction with Orange Food Week; a successful event on the Orange calendar that attracts visitors from around the state.
For all sculptors this is a great opportunity to showcase your work gaining exposure to over 15,000 people who visit Orange during Food Week. Food Week is a finalist in the 2017 NSW Tourism Awards.
So, if you are a sculptor please consider joining us for the inaugural Sculpture in an Orange Garden and help us make this a great event for all involved. If you know a sculptor – please pass this on and tell them to reply to this email asking to be added to our mailing list.
Below is a summary of entry details but additional information for sculptors is available on the Orange Regional Gallery Website. Entry forms will be available closer to the date on the above website or contact the organisers as below.
IMPORTANT DATES for Sculptors
- Submission deadline: Saturday 24th March 2018
- Installation: Before 12pm Friday 13th April 2018
- Exhibition opens: 9am Saturday 14th April 2018
- Exhibition closes: 4pm Sunday 15th April 2018
- Removal of works commences: From 4pm Sunday 15th April & 9am – 5pm Monday 16th April
Submission and Entry Fee for Artists: Summary
- Entry is via a $30 administration fee per artist and is to be payable via EFT.
- Artworks are not eligible for selection unless payment of entry fee is made in full. The fee applies to all artists and is non-refundable
- Included with the entry fee of $30 all artists must complete the entry form with an artist’s statement, biography, and images
- Entry forms and EFT details will be provided closer to the date… so watch this space
Selection Panel for Works & Sales Information
- The Selection Committee will consider all entries and their decision on works accepted will be final
- Artists both successful and unsuccessful in their entry will be notified before Friday 31st March
- All works must be professionally finished for public exhibition and be the original work of the submitting artist
- Any work that is not fit for exhibition will not be accepted
- Site selection for all sculptures in the exhibition is at the discretion of the Sculpture in an Orange Garden curator
- All works are to be available for sale during the exhibition. Works must be priced to sell with no discounts allowed at the end of the exhibition
- SOG will retain a 25% commission on all sales
The event is supported by the Orange Regional Gallery and the Orange Regional Arts Foundation (ORAF).
All queries regarding the exhibition and entry can be made to:
- Ellen Fisher 0418262334
- Lynne Lampe on 0412867046
- or EMAIL: email@example.com