Job Opportunity | Lismore Regional Gallery, Gallery Assistant (Casual)08.09.2017
Lismore City Council is seeking highly motivated and proactive Casual Art Gallery Assistants to join the Lismore Regional Gallery team. As a Gallery Assistant you will promote positive public awareness of Lismore Regional Gallery and offer great customer service to visitors.
Should you be successful in this process, you will be included on a casual list and may be asked to work from time to time.
Lismore City Council reflects and represents our diverse local community. People with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants and female applicants are therefore strongly encouraged to apply for all advertised vacancies.
NOTE: University Students are encouraged to apply
$30.40 per hour (includes casual loading)
The positions are casual positions with no permanent hours and we require people with a great deal of flexibility and the ability to work evenings and weekends.
The casual positions generally have the following responsibilities:
- Open the gallery to the public
- Welcome visitor and take enquiries
- Basic data entry
- Handle cash sales
- Maintain gallery in clean state
- Answer the phone
- Promote Gallery Memberships
- Inform public of new exhibitions and Gallery information
- Provide excellent communication to the public
- Record messages for Staff
- Observe security monitors
- Maintain reception presentation
- Word Processing
- Work with Gallery hirers
Conditions of Employment
Conditions of employment are in the Local Government (State) Award and relevant Council policy, procedures and agreements.
A Pre-Placement Health Assessment shall be conducted prior to any offer of appointment and as part of the pre-placement health assessment candidates will be required to undertake a drug test.
What do we need from you:
To be successful in this job you will have:
- Well developed verbal and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience in computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Experience in the events, retail and/ or hospitality industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Sound judgement in dealing with the general public including taking relevant safety measures.
The right person for this role will be self-motivated, proactive, observant and aware
- They will be a team player
- They will embody Council’s values
- They will be passionate about education and the arts
Closing date: Wednesday, 20 September 2017 at 5pm
Contact: For a confidential discussion or further information regarding these casual positions please contact Brett Adlington, Gallery Director on 02 66 274602 or 0427 270 064.
PLEASE NOTE: No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council’s eRecruitment portal.
Late applications will not be accepted therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the 20 September, 5:00pm deadline.