Job Opportunity | Ballina Shire Council, Gallery Services Officer14.09.2017
About Ballina Shire Council
Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
About the Role
The Gallery Services Officer reports to the Gallery Coordinator and is responsible for providing high level administrative services to support Gallery operations. This includes but is not limited to, the provision of a high standard of customer service, managing the reception and volunteers, being the first point of contact for the Gallery, promoting public awareness of Gallery programs, facilitating administrative and retail services and responsibility for opening and closing procedures.
The role requires forward thinking and planning, strong organisation and time management skills, a warm personality and good people skills. The Gallery Services Officer must possess the capacity to work in a busy environment, and have a flexible approach to providing general assistance across various aspects of Gallery operations and have a high level of attention to detail, enthusiasm, and a sense of initiative.
This part-time position is for 21 hours per week to be worked on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
The successful applicant will be:
- passionate about arts, culture and community
- self-motivated, proactive, observant and aware
- a team player
- able to use initiative to solve problems and make improvements
- able to thrive in a busy environment
- able to display a high attention to detail
- able to embody Council’s values
- able to demonstrate acceptance of personal responsibility for safe workplace behaviour.
- A salary range of $30,700 to $35,300 per annum (plus 9.5% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience and qualifications.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
Monday, 2 October 2017
Lee Mathers | Gallery Coordinator | 02 6681 6167
To apply or for more information visit the Ballina Shire Council’s website.