Job Opportunity | Brunsick Picture House, Producer02.08.2017
POSITION TITLE: Producer
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time Contract (1 year fixed term with possibility to extend)
REPORTS TO: Business Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Marketing Manager, Technical/Site Manager, Contractors & Casual Staff
SALARY: $55,000 – $60,000 depending on experience
ABOUT BRUNSWICK PICTURE HOUSE
The Brunswick Picture House has re-emerged — reimagined and better than ever. This unique little venue is located in Brunswick Heads, NSW – a stunning slice of paradise where river meets sea and the daily rhythm is defined by the tide times.
After laying dormant for over 30 years, the curtains lifted on this old theatre in March 2016 and it began a new lease on life, lovingly restored by the creative team behind the award-winning and internationally acclaimed circus/cabaret sensations ‘La Soirée’ and ‘Club Swizzle’.
Having survived the wreckers’ ball and the ravages of time, this iconic building’s revival has set the stage for a vibrant and charismatic mix of film, circus, live theatre and family-friendly entertainment. The Picture House has a capacity of 200 and features a small café, all within a delightful garden setting.
In just a year and a half, Brunswick Picture House has firmly established itself as a local landmark for the community; for people to meet, be inspired, gossip, laugh and be entertained. In return, the local and surrounding communities have embraced the Picture House with an incredible show of love, enthusiasm and support.
We are a core team of provocateurs, carnies, fun-lovers and hard-workers surrounded by a rabble-rousing international family of clowns, divas, acrobats and jesters. And we are looking for a talented human crazy enough to join us on this journey of a lifetime.
ABOUT THE JOB
This is a role to challenge and excite a professional hands-on leader who is capable of working across all levels of a small not-for-profit arts organisation. The Picture House began its life without any level of public funding and now is the time to develop a strategy for a fully sustainable future.
Principally, the Producer will be required to develop and deliver a film, event and live performance program balancing appeal & excellence with best possible financial outcomes.
You will work with the Marketing Manager and wider team to ensure the Picture House brand, messaging and communications are effective and measurable. You will manage accountability and compliance in legal, regulatory and ethical areas, including OH&S. The Producer will work with the Business Manager in developing and maintaining budgets and fundraising plans and will take responsibility for regular financial reporting, both internal and external. You’ll be wearing hats of various shapes and colours – strategic planning, driving sales, managing day-to-day operations, dreaming up and implementing improvements, seeking out diverse funding and revenue opportunities, contributing to the grind and to the glory. This will include oversight of box office, front of house, site & venue functions and liaison with the kiosk operator to create a patron experience like no other.
In a nutshell? You will take a lead role in consolidating the successes to date and shaping a vibrant and sustainable future.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- An entrepreneurial spirit and drive to take the Picture House to the next level
- An imagination without limits, the confidence to voice the ridiculous, the maturity to move on
- Strategic thinking with creative and innovative flair
- Motivation, resilience, a can-do attitude and a hunger for the next exciting challenge to drive your career forward
- Enthusiasm and passion for the arts and its place within local communities
- A proven track record in professional arts management
- A willingness to pitch in as part of a small team
- The capacity to inspire and manage people in an inclusive, collaborative and fair-minded manner
- Demonstrated experience in strategic development and project management including operational and financial management
- Knowledge of fund raising and sponsorship avenues to achieve outcomes with limited resources via government, philanthropic and corporate settings
- Demonstrated ability in establishing and maintaining effective networks and partnerships with a range of stakeholders including artists, arts organisations, local government, philanthropic sector, business and citizens
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills – written and verbal. What we mostly mean is you’ll be fun to work with and you care about spelling.
EXPERIENCE – MUST HAVES
- Minimun 2-3 years experience in initiating & delivering events
- Understanding of the small to medium arts and/or not-for-profit sectors
- Financial management, budgeting and reporting
- An understanding of online ticketing systems
- An understanding of current OH&S legislation
- Marketing – experience in overseeing brand building and sales driven marketing campaigns for events. An understanding of marketing channels including digital
- Strong administrative and project management skills
EXPERIENCE – GOOD TO HAVE
- Experience in sourcing grants, writing applications and grant acquittals
- You will be required to work some weekends and evenings, this is not a 9-5 job
HOW TO APPLY
Send Brunswick Picture House4 a one-pager telling us why you’d be a fabulous addition to the team. Plus your CV with relevant skills, work history and 2 referees. Forward to Carolyn Patamisi firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all enquiries, please call (02) 6685 0280.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 25 August 2017
Start date late October/Early November