Job Opportunity | Orange Regional Museum, Museum and Heritage Administration Assistant10.08.2017
Orange City Council is committed to making a positive contribution to both our region and our local community. With around 500 employees, we take pride in being both for and part of the Orange community. Our aim – to make Orange a better place to live today and tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Museum and Heritage team, as the Museum and Heritage Administration Assistant.
In this temporary part time role you will be responsible for providing a range of administrative and other support to the Museum and Heritage team including:
- Producing standard and non-standard correspondence, reports and documentation, supporting the Orange Heritage Management Strategy and the Orange Regional Museum Strategic Plan, facilitating the Local Heritage Assistance Fund, Orange City Council Cultural Heritage Awards and Schools Award program
- Undertaking agenda, minute and report writing for various committees
- Assisting with Museum and Heritage enquires face to face, over the phone and electronically
- Coordinating and attending meetings
- Maintaining and updating the Orange Regional Museum and Orange Heritage on-line presence
- Assisting with the setup, running and pack up of Museum and Heritage events (which may include afterhours and weekend work)
To be successful in this position you will need experience in a similar position as well as excellent communication, customer service, organisation and computer skills. You will also need a willingness to complete a Criminal Background Check. A current RSA whilst not essential would also be of benefit.
If you have any queries relating to this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Alison Russell on (02) 6393 8170.
Applications close Sunday 20th August 2017 @ 11pm. To apply visit the Orange City Council website here.
NOTE: This is a temporary contract and is currently funded until 30 June 2019.