Upper Hunter Shire Council | Expressions of Interest: Merriwa Silo Public Art Project18.06.2017
The Upper Hunter Shire Council are calling upon Expressions of Interest for a public art project at Merriwa Silo.
The Merriwa Silo Public Art Project is a site specific project to be located on the front facade of the Merriwa Silos. The project budget incorporates all costs including artist fees, production of artwork, installation, certification and compliance costs. The silo is owned by GrainCorp. Council will be entering into an agreement with GrainCorp to facilitate the artwork. The proposed art work was identified as a high priority project in the Merriwa Town Centre Master Plan 2016.
The concept for the work should focus on the themes of the local community including its historical and/or agricultural ties. Merriwa is a town of 1790 people (2011 census) that serves the local cropping and grazing industries located on the Golden Highway, mid-way between Newcastle and Dubbo the town is a tourist and transport service town.
Proposal and Support Material
The EOI submission must include:
- The artist’s CV, no longer than three pages OR if working in a collective a group CV, no longer than five pages in total.
- Examples of previous works (maximum ten images, with appropriate captions)
- Artist statement/design philosophy.
- A brief statement indicating how you might respond to the brief if your EOI is successful
- A list of previous completed commissions, including contact details of a referee for each commission.
- Experience in working at heights and an elevated work platform (EWP) qualification or a willingness to obtain one.
- Evidence of necessary insurance.
The EOI is to be no more than ten pages (CV, examples of work, artist statement etc) in total, submitted electronically.
The Expressions of Interest (EOI) period opens:
Monday 19th June 2017 and closes at 5pm on Monday 10th July 2017 AEDST
For more information please download the information pack and visit the Council website.