Job Opportunity | South East Arts, Arts & Health Project Officer18.06.2017
South East Arts are looking for a Arts & Health Project Officer to join the Regional Arts Development Organisation team. The Arts and Health Project Officer position will based in the Bega (NSW) office, as well as travelling in the south east region as required.
South East Arts supports arts and cultural development in the south east region by creating strategic initiatives and projects across all art forms, providing advice and delivering cultural services for the communities and artists in the Bega Valley, Eurobodalla and Snowy Monaro local government areas.
South East Arts’ aim is to actively assist the on-going development of, and participation in, arts and culture throughout the south east region. We work at a regional, state and national level to support arts and cultural development in the region.
The organisation’s activity is divided into core and project activity. South East Arts’ core activity is funded through Arts NSW as well as the contributions made by each of the three local governments of the region. Our project activity is supported through various federal, state and regional government organisations and funding bodies, as
well as through philanthropic support and sponsorship.
Arts and Health is a new focus area for South East Arts, guided by our Swell Arts and Health Strategy (available on the website). Our vision is to build stronger, healthier and happier communities, supported by strong networks, resources and opportunities for participation and learning.
South East Arts has identified regional projects that will align with a range of state and locally determined health priorities, focus on the social determinants of health and target specific priority populations. These are:
- The cultural integrity, health and wellbeing of Aboriginal communities
- Mental health, wellbeing and resilience amongst young people
- Creative ageing for older people
Summary of the Position
The Arts and Health Project Officer will:
- promote and actively build the profile of the SWELL Arts and Health initiative.
- develop and coordinate activities of the SWELL Arts and Health initiative against agreed milestones arising from the Arts and Health Strategic Plan.
- Engage, consult and educate health professionals and other relevant project stakeholders with the aim of increasing capacity and delivery of Arts and Health projects in the south east region.
Applications must be received by 7 July 2017. The position is expected to commence in early August
Applicants are invited to submit applications that address the Essential Criteria and provide details of
relevant experience and training with reference to Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
- Please provide a copy of your current Curriculum Vitae
- Please nominate 2 referees
- Send applications to:
Subject: Arts and Health Project Officer
Or by mail to:
South East Arts
PO Box 577, Bega 2550
For further information please contact Andrew Gray on 02 6492 0711. The full position description is available to the top left hand side of this page.