Job Opportunity | Shellharbour City Council, Arts and Cultural Development Officer15.05.2017
Shellharbour is one of the fastest growing cities in Australia with a diverse population, a wealth of attractions and things to do, combining great opportunities with the kind of lifestyle few cities can boast.
We are seeking an Arts and Cultural Development Officer to plan and deliver arts and cultural initiatives of Council. Reporting to the Manager Community and Cultural Life you will be responsible for planning, supporting and delivering arts and cultural strategies, plans and programs that contribute towards a vibrant, safe and inclusive Shellharbour City.
What you will bring:
- Tertiary qualifications in arts/cultural development, social sciences and/or extensive experience in the cultural development and public art field
- Demonstrated experience in planning, developing, implementing and managing cultural development and public art programs and in making art accessible to the general public
- Demonstrated skills in grant writing, policy development and the ability to research and analyse information, prepare reports and make recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of government, service providers, artists, staff and the community to establish positive working relationships
- Proven ability to work constructively and positively in a team environment as well as work independently
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
Please refer to the Position Description for full details of the requirements for the position.
This is a part time 30 hours per week maternity relief position up to 12 months. Salary up to $1235.12 per week depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
Applications close Friday 26 May.
Enquiries: Sarah Townend, Arts and Cultural Development Officer, on (02) 4221 6111.