CASP Highlight | Weddin Workshop Weekend26.05.2017
In the lead up to Regional Arts NSW’s Country Arts Support Program (CASP) grants round opening Friday 26 May, we’re taking a look at some of our favourite CASP projects from across regional NSW. Got an idea for a project? Click here for updates on the round and guidelines.
From 17 June – 18 June in Grenfell, workshops across a diverse range of mediums will be held to provide participants the opportunity to try new art forms. The suite of workshops will employ local and regional arts practitioners to share their skills, and is supported by the Country Arts Support Program.
“We have received a huge positive response from the community. Many are commenting about how wonderful it is that something like this is being held in Grenfell,” said Art & Tourism Officer Claire McCann.
The workshops are the weekend after the annual Henry Lawson Festival of Arts Festival so participants will include both locals and visitors to the region.
Weddin Shire Council received $3000 from the 2017 round of the Country Arts Support Program (CASP) to support the workshops.
“The funding has allowed us to get this project off the ground and up and running. Without this funding we may never have seen this event happen. We hope the event encourages others to collaborate and work together to put on ‘group’ events like this in the future. They are great for the economy of the town,” Claire McCann said.
Workshops at the Weddin Workshop Weekend include:
- ‘Story Writing’ – Sat 17th June
- ‘Drama – A Slice of Life’ – Sat 17th June
- ‘Camera Craft’ – Sat 17th June
- ‘’Vocal Workshops’ – Sat 17th June
- ‘Garden Weaving’ – Sat 17 June
- ‘Japanese Shibori Indigo Dyeing’ – Sat 17th June
- ‘Rhyme & Rhythm Decoded’ & ‘Poetically Speaking’ – Sat 17th June
- ‘Kangaroo Valley Leadlights – Beginners Lesson’ – Sat 17th & Sun 18th June
- ‘Exploring the Art of Symbolism & Connection in Bright Beautiful Acrylics & Inks’ – Sun 18th June
- ‘Pottery Hand Building Workshop’ – Sun 18th June
- ‘Japanese Arashi Shibori Indigo Dyeing’ – Sun 18 June
Limited places in each workshop. Book early.
Information on the workshops and how to book can be found on the website or call 02 6343 2059. Visit the Facebook page for more.
A version of this story originally appeared on the Arts OutWest website.