Arts OutWest | Expressions of Interest: Musicians in Hospitals Training31.05.2017
Arts OutWest seeks expressions of interest from musicians to participate in training for Musicians in Hospitals. This involves participating in a 2 days of training session at Parkes Hospital including doing a practical session in the hospital with feedback, on Monday and Tuesday, 26 & 27 June followed up by a further practical session of being a musician in a hospital or aged care setting close to where you are based.
The program calls on musicians to work in flexible, fluid, responsive and dynamic ways in hospitals.
The two-day training program includes sessions with UK based leaders in this field Opus and with trained music therapist Kerrie Davies as well as with the Arts OutWest team.
Musicians Arts OutWest are looking for:
Calling for six experienced musicians who are excited about the idea of playing music in hospitals and aged care as part of health programs.
- Not just good musicians but people who share their music well, who are comfortable interacting (sometimes one-on-one) with people and responding to their needs, who are adaptable.
- You don’t need to be a professional musician or have music qualifications but you must be able to demonstrate accomplishment.
- Open to musicians of all styles and genres – although people who have a versatile and wide repertoire have an advantage.
- Because this particular training and work involves moving around the hospital, visiting spaces for short periods and moving on, and working in a variety of small spaces, the musicians should play instruments that are portable and not extremely loud. Being able to sing can also be useful.
- Maybe the people were looking for work the live music scene at night? Perhaps they’re musicians who work in education? Maybe they have experience working in other areas of health?
- Participants must be based in the Arts OutWest service area in the NSW Central West.
- People with a commitment and availability to ongoing work in this area.
Download the selection criteria and more information
How to Apply
Interested practitioners should send a cover letter explaining why they are interested in the training and how they meet the selection criteria by June 13.
If you have questions please speak to Arts OutWest executive director Tracey Callinan on 02 6338 4657 or email@example.com