Job Opportunity | Regional Arts Australia, Communications Manager24.04.2017
Regional Arts Australia are looking for a talented and experienced communications manager to deliver sophisticated and well-crafted communications across the broad landscape that is regional arts in Australia. You will join a successful national arts organisation and work in a collaborative environment focused on delivering arts and cultural outcomes for regional communities.
About Regional Arts Australia
Regional Arts Australia is the national federation of regional arts peak bodies delivering arts programs in rural, regional, remote and very remote Australia.
- Regional Arts Australia represent the combined voice of regional arts and culture and raise awareness of regional arts in the national context.
- Regional Arts Australia further the interests of regional artists, arts organisations, audiences and communities as a connector to stakeholders in government, corporate and philanthropic Australia and other supporters at a national regional level.
- Regional Arts Australia advocate for informed policy development to sustain healthy regional communities through arts and culture.
- Regional Arts Australia pursue equality of access to, and participation in cultural experiences for regional Australians.
Our Communications Manager is a key staff member working collaboratively to influence and deliver important components of RAA’s Development and Fundraising Strategy. In this strategy RAA is involved in:
- Organisation Development in which relationship management and fundraising are part of the culture of the organisation;
- Content Development to ensure that RAA is doing important and effective, well governed work;
- Relationship Development to expand the scope of RAA’s relationships to harness an extensive range of stakeholders, supporters and resources.
The Communications Manager will develop and manage the RAA Communications Action Plan involving a range of communication strategies. This work involves the development of material for a variety of audiences including members of parliament, government departments, the national media, potential institutional and corporate donors, the national regional arts network and social media network.
Our Communications Manager is an integral part of the management team and will provide advice and establish systems and work practices to support and develop RAA’s relationships.
- Develop and deliver a Communications Action Plan;
- Develop well-crafted, research-based collateral demonstrating the impact of programs for potential partners and stakeholders;
- Prepare media announcements and other public statements;
- Further develop and manage RAA’s web and social media presence;
- Contribute to planning and delivery of public advocacy events;
- Assist in developing fundraising pitches and grant applications;
- Set up an appropriate CRM database;
- Contribute to a productive and robust team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills, with demonstrated experience in a fundraising environment.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to multi-task and work collaboratively under pressure.
- High level writing, editing and design skills.
- Demonstrated high level experience in digital publishing and communication.
- Demonstrated understanding of RAA, its values and activities.
- Knowledge of community-based arts practice and the impacts of regional or remote location on art practice generally.
Ideally, Regional Arts Australia are keen for our Communications Manager to be located with the rest of our staff in Alice Springs. However, Regional Arts Australia are open to a discussion with the right candidate about location elsewhere.
How to apply
To find out more about Regional Arts Australia, please visit www.regionalarts.com.au
Please contact the Executive Director, John Oster with any further queries on 08 8959 6015.
Your application will include a letter outlining skills and relevant experience that support your interest in the role, a CV including three relevant and contactable referees, and up to two pages addressing the Selection Criteria to: email@example.com by Friday 19 May 2017.