Job Opportunity | Publicity Officer, Mitchell Conservatorium06.04.2017
The Mitchell Conservatorium is based in the Central West of NSW, with its main administrative offices in Bathurst. Across its four centres of Bathurst, Parkes, Forbes and Lithgow, Mitchell Con offers one-to one and group music tuition, ensemble and classroom activities and performance opportunities to community members and visiting professional artists. A member of the Association of NSW Regional Conservatoriums, and a recipient of NSW Government funding support through the Department of Education, MitCon also provides curriculum support and professional development to NSW schools in its footprint.
The Publicity Officer is a critical part of a small admin. team, with responsibility for the organisational website, brand and publicity strategising, developing social media campaigns across the four operational areas, and all event publicity.
As this is a childsafe organisation, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a successful Working With Children Check prior to commencing employment and undertake annual Childsafe workplace training.
Full Position Description available on request.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Core objectives include:
- Develop and maintain organisational website
- Contribute to brand and publicity strategising
- Maintain brand-consistency: publicity materials & schedules
- Maintain market research awareness
- Oversee event publicity
The above list is not exhaustive and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
Skills and experience
- Formal qualifications in publicity or marketing, with an awareness of contemporary small to medium business procedure is well regarded
- Experience in a similar role
Skills & competencies
- Customer service focused: committed to providing exceptional customer service across all channels – written, electronic, phone and face to face.
- Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication style depending upon the audience.
- Attention to detail: excellent attention to detail and written skills when communicating with others, both internally and externally.
- Commerciality: ability to apply knowledge in a practical, commercial manner.
- Teamwork: willingness to assist and support others as required and get on with team members.
- Time management/organisation: accomplish objectives effectively within time frame given, and carry out administrative duties within portfolio in an efficient and timely manner.
- Professional approach (essential).
- Confident manner (essential).
- Positive approach to change (essential).
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint is essential
- Clean driving licence
Please attach cover letter and CV and send to:
Dr Graham Sattler