Job Opportunity | Program Manager, Live Music Office04.04.2017
The Live Music Office is looking for a Program Manager to assist local government in Western Sydney and regional NSW in order to deliver Live and Local micro festivals supported by the NSW Government.
This newly created role will:
- Provide a high level of support to councils presenting Live and Local events
- Work collaboratively with Director Live Music Office, Arts NSW, APRA AMCOS, the arts and cultural sector and government stakeholders.
- Provide thorough administration of the Live and Local initiative including managing project delivery and reporting requirements including event evaluations and project acquittal requirements.
The Live Music Office and Arts NSW Live and Local micro festival initiatives are structured programs created to provide jobs and opportunities to Western Sydney and regional NSW musicians and audiences, whilst building capacity and supporting cultural policy development for local government.
This role will suit a candidate who has a strong track record in delivering live music events across a range of genres, is perceptive and can work with minimal supervision, and who is capable of managing relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders across government, the music industry and communities in Western Sydney and regional NSW.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Coordinating Expressions of Interest (EOI) processes for Western Sydney and regional NSW projects
- Convening steering committee meetings and coordinating orientation day
- Supporting councils in event development, presentation and promotion of Live and Local Events
- Maintaining regular communication with local councils and project partners across Western Sydney and regional NSW
- Supporting stakeholder communications and engagement with industry and government partners
- Supporting live performance policy development
- Attending events and meetings where appropriate
- Willingness to work flexible working hours as required
- Delivering event evaluation and project acquittal obligations
Skills and Experience:
- Expertise delivering a broad range of live music programs and events
- Experience in working with government agencies, especially Local Government
- Ability to effectively engage with Western Sydney and/or regional NSW
- Demonstrable grant application and acquittal track record
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills
Ability in the following areas is required:
- Proficient in planning with excellent attention to detail
- Strong project management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Developed problem solving and negotiation skills
- Current drivers licence and vehicle
This position is a Full Time role, contracted for 12-15 months.
For a copy of the Full Position Description, please email Live Music Office Director John Wardle at email@example.com
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and your CV to Live Music Office Director John Wardle at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 7 April.