Manning Art Prize | Entries Now Open22.03.2017
Entries are now open for the Manning Art Prize, with all applications due 7 July 2017.
The biennial Manning Art Prize commenced in 1990, with entries open to Australian artists. The Art Prize features a partnership between Friends, which funds the Art Prize through the Friends Art Fund Trust, and the Manning Regional Art Gallery who organise entries and curate the exhibition.
After 25 years, the Manning Art Prize has become a prestigious national event on the Australian Arts Calendar and is open to artists in a variety of mediums. The lucrative event this year carries a $20,000 prize pool. The winning entry will be acquired by the Friends of the Manning Regional Art Gallery and donated to the Manning Regional Art Gallery permanent collection.
“Naked & Nude refers to two things: firstly the great tradition of the Nude: a person who is bare with no covering or decoration. Secondly, a wider definition: something that is revealed, laid bare, unmasked or vulnerable”.
- Close of entries | 7th July 2017
- Announcements of selected finalists | 28th July 2017
- Delivery of works to the Gallery | 25th August 2017
- Gala Opening & announcements of Winners | 2nd September 2017
- Exhibition dates | 2nd September – 15th October 2017
- Collection of Works | 16th – 17th October 2017
For more information and to enter, visit the website.