Job Opportunity | Regional Museum Officer, Tamworth Regional Council20.03.2017
The Business & Community Directorate of Tamworth Regional Council is responsible for the management of regional museums and the art gallery, providing diverse cultural experiences to our community and visitors.
We are constantly looking for ways to improve our services and as such we have created an exciting opportunity for a qualified and passionate Regional Museum Officer to join the dynamic Art Gallery and Museum team.
Reporting directly to the Director, Art Gallery & Museums, this role will support the museums and volunteers across the region to develop, manage and promote their collections and programs to visitors and the community, including:
- Building strong relationships and networks with volunteers in our museums and the Tamworth Regional Gallery;
- Providing specialist strategic and technical expertise in relation to museum and gallery operations;
- Identifying, developing and facilitating training of museum and gallery volunteers and providing on-going mentoring; and
- Working collaboratively with volunteers to develop and implement strategies to promote our museums and the Tamworth Regional Gallery to visitors and the community.
The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor of Fine Arts, History or a relevant tertiary qualification, together with:
- Experience working within museums and galleries;
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs of volunteers and museum and gallery audiences;
- The ability to use a range of communication skills in the workplace including delivering presentations; and
- A current driver’s licence.
Post graduate qualifications in the Arts, Museum Studies or Cultural Heritage would be highly regarded.
This is a part-time position up to 28 hours work per week and has been classified as Grade 13 with an hourly rate ranging from $34.48 to $37.30. This position includes weekend work and some public holidays. The commencement salary is subject to skills, experience and qualifications.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-employment Medical Screening including Alcohol & Other Drugs Testing.
Please contact Bridget Guthrie on 02 6767 5225 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this position. Applications close at 5.00pm on Monday, 3 April 2017.
Tamworth Regional Council is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural Diversity.