Job Opportunity | New England Conservatorium of Music, Director14.03.2017
The New England Conservatorium of Music (NECOM) are currently seeking an outstanding new Director for the award winning tier 1 conservatorium of music.
NECOM has been providing a focus for music education and performance in the Armidale and broader New England region for over 14 years. During this time, the lives of tens of thousands of students and even more audience members in Armidale and surrounding districts have been enriched and enhanced by being part of the tuition, programs and concert events and performances that NECOM has offered.
NECOM’s vision is that a music education and performance tradition embedded into a regional community’s cultural life gives it unique cohesion, economic and social capacity. This vision is supported by NECOM’s mission to provide the highest quality and best-practice music education, training and performance opportunities to New England’s children, young people and adults.
With the retirement of the present Director, NECOM are seeking a dynamic, innovative and strategic professional who will continue to grow and develop NECOM into a premier regionally based conservatorium. The successful candidate will provide inspirational leadership of the Conservatorium and be passionate about raising NECOM’s profile and status as an integral contributor to the cultural life of Armidale and New England.
- Demonstrated outstanding collaborative leadership, including proven leadership in the delivery of quality music education and performance programs;
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills with stakeholders, including local and state governments and the education sector;
- Proven record in Music/Arts Administration and demonstrable experience in marketing, finance, HR management, strategic and business planning;
- Proven commitment and passion for quality school and community music education and performance programs;
- Proven experience working with a Board, devising, recommending and implementing strategic initiatives and plans;
- Comprehensive IT skills including with the Microsoft Office suite, and
- Working with Children Check
- Experience in working within, or for, a regional arts or music education environment
- Experience sourcing sponsorship and managing fundraising opportunities;
- Experience in development and delivery of professional learning programs, including NESA (BOSTES) requirements, and
- Experience in sourcing and writing grant applications and acquittals.
An attractive remuneration and support package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
As a place of work Armidale offers its residents a beautiful, culturally diverse and friendly regional environment. NECOM has a unique position within the Armidale and broader New England community. The position of Director is thus an important appointment not only for NECOM but the New England region generally.
For a confidential discussion and to obtain the Candidate Information Book, please contact Consultant assisting the organisation, Bronwyn Pearson at Pinnacle People Solutions, via email@example.com or 0412 400 206.
The closing date for applications is Monday 27 March, 2017.