Country Arts Support Program | Creative Writing Workshop with Ron Pretty, Narrandera08.03.2017
Narrandera Arts and Creative Network (NACNet) and the Pen to Paper Writers Narrandera present a 2 day Creative Writing Workshop funded by Arts NSW Country Arts Support Program and delivered by Ron Pretty on the 25 & 26 March 2017.
Ron Pretty is an Australian poet, publisher and teacher. He has taught writing in the University of Wollongong and Melbourne University as well as in schools, colleges and in a broad variety of community organisations. For a twenty year period he ran Five Islands Press publishing some 230 books of poetry and mentored many Australian poets. He edited the magazines Scarp: New Arts and Writing and Blue Dog: Australian Poetry for a number of years.
Ron was instrumental in establishing the Poetry Australia Foundation. He was awarded the NSW Premier’s Award for Poetry and was made a Member of the Order of Australia for services to Australian literature.
Writers can attend either or both days.
Saturday 25th March
Sunday 26th March
Developing your short story – fiction
The Workshop Program consists of the following parts:
- Pre-Workshop Assessment and feedback on 4-5 x Poetry Submissions and/or 1- 2 Short story or works of fiction (e.g sequential chapters)
- Writers will submit their works by email to firstname.lastname@example.org then Fran will send them on to Ron before the workshop. Ron will provide feedback and comment on each work.
- Day 1 – Working on Poetry development: Using a poem with feedback from Ron workshop participants will develop their poem during the workshop and submit to Ron at the end of the workshop for feedback and comment on further development recommendations
- Day 2 – Developing Creative Writing Skills in a work of fiction: We will take a close look at the genre of Fiction, looking in detail at how narrative moves in English, and then at the short story in particular. Writers will work on the pre workshop submission of their work of fiction throughout the workshop and submit it to Ron.
- Post-Workshop Review of work: Ron will send back the feedback and writing works participants have developed throughout the workshops for post workshop feedback and comment on further development recommendations.
For more information contact Fran Foley on (02) 6959 1543 or 0404 783 939, or email email@example.com