Bundanon Trust | SITEWORKS Expressions of Interest01.03.2017
Bundanon Trust are interested in hearing from artists who would like to participate in this year’s SITEWORKS, held on 23 September 2017.
SITEWORKS is Bundanon Trust’s annual spring event that brings together artists, scientists, scholars and community voices in a unique annual gathering to share knowledge and experiences arising from responses to our properties. See our here for more information on previous Siteworks.
Bundanon Trust is an engine room for contemporary art practice in Australia. Given to the Australian people in 1993 by artist Arthur Boyd, the Bundanon property is set in bush and park land overlooking the Shoalhaven River on the NSW south coast. At the heart of our work is our artist-in-residence program, which hosts 300 artists each year across all disciplines.
The theme this year is THE BIRDS AND THE BEES, and Bundanon Trust invite you to interpret this as you want.
The Expression of Interest is open to all art forms and practices, and the works can be performative, perambulatory, stationery, interactive, durational, virtual, or something else entirely. The only conceptual constraints are that the works must have a relationship with our site and some connection to the theme.
What Bundanon Trust can offer
- a modest fee – negotiable depending on our budget and your project
- some production costs
- technical support
- accommodation on site from the Monday beforehand (18 Sept) – earlier site visits can be arranged
- an extraordinary site, and a curious audience.
Things to consider
Siteworks is a one-day event happening on one of the Bundanon Trust properties (either Riversdale or Bundanon: this hasn’t been decided, as it partly depends on your proposals). The event runs from midday until late night. Works can happen in daytime or night.
Siteworks is a unique event and a great place to make work. But it has its challenges.
- you need to be self-reliant with strong DIY skills and your own transport
- works need to be technically feasible – any specialist equipment you will need to supply yourself
- works need to be weather-tolerant
All ideas are welcome, though Siteworks is particularly suited to:
- a first draft showing of a new work
- a re-imagining of work you have already made in other contexts
- works that already have a funding source, and are looking for a short development or presentation opportunityBundanon Trust are happy to provide support letters for suitable projects that are seeking funding over the next few months.
Where Bundanon Trust are located
Bundanon Trust are about three hours’ drive south of Sydney. There’s more information about how to find us here.
How to express interest
Register your interest through this link.
You will be asked for:
- a short outline of your idea (300 words)
- short bios of the main artists (500 words)
- links to examples of your work
Deadline: 31 March 2017
Who to contact
(02) 4422 2109