Lindy Hume | Restless Giant: Changing Cultural Values in Regional Australia03.02.2017
Join Lindy Hume in the presentation of her new paper Restless Giant: Changing Cultural Values in Regional Australia.
In this significant paper, Opera, theatre and festival director Lindy Hume, likens artistic innovation in small towns and communities to the stirrings of a restless giant: a rebellious counter-urban movement ready to make a profound impact on the national culture. As an artist living in regional Australia, she finds it an ideal place to develop new performance work, and argues that more flow and greater integration between the regional and metropolitan arts ecosystems could, over time, reshape Australia’s cultural identity.
Candelo General Store – Friday 3 February, 6:30pm
Introduced by Iain Dawson, Director, Bega Valley Regional Gallery. Live music by Candelo singer-songwriter Michael Menager. Panel guests include:
- Simon Hinton, Artistic Director/CEO, Merrigong Theatre
- David Francis, Executive Director, Four Winds
- Rob McCredie, Co-Artistic Director, fLiNG Physical Threatre
- Leanne Barnes, General Manager, Bega Valley Shire Council
Attendance is FREE but you must book HERE. Tickets are now limited to outdoor seating/standing only — live audio feed will be available. Copies of the paper will be for sale $16.95 via EFTPOS on the night.
For more information contact South Sea Arts on (02) 6492 0711.
Lismore City Hall – Thursday 9th February, 5:30pm for a 6:00pm start
Panel guests include:
- Julian Louis, Artistic Director, NORPA
- Brett Haylock, Director, Brunsiwck Picture House
- Gavin Webber, Co-Artistic Director, The Farm
- Peter Wood, Executive Director, Arts (Convenor)
Attendance is FREE, please RSVP via firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information contact Arts Northern Rivers on (02) 6628 8120.