Arts Job | Collections Manager, Orange Regional Gallery09.11.2016
Orange Regional Gallery is seeking a Collections Manager. As Collections Manager you will be responsible for pro-actively managing all aspects of the Gallery’s collection and other Council collections of significance across a range of sites, including:
- Managing artwork storage systems, including artwork housing, labelling, framing repairs and upgrades and maintenance of equipment
- Managing the preparation and movement of artworks locally, nationally and internationally
- Displaying artworks at the Gallery, Council offices and Orange Health Service
- Accepting works, including tax deductibility requirements, and accessioning
- De-accessioning and disposal of works as required
- Undertaking a professional valuation of the Gallery collection every 5 years
Having a strong collections management database experience you will use your knowledge of the Vernon system to transfer collection records information into the system and maintain database records to ensure they are accurate and comprehensive.
You will also be responsible for applying for grant funding to assist with collection and exhibition initiatives as opportunities arise and also managing the Arts + Health partnership between Orange Regional Gallery and Orange Health Service.
This is great opportunity for someone to introduce new approaches and develop new procedures and practices for collections management as well as contribute to exhibition development.
For more information and to apply please click here.
Enquiries: Telephone Brad Hammond on (02) 6393 8161 for further information.
Closing Date: 11.00pm AEST on Sunday 20 November 2016
Click here to find out more information on Orange Regional Gallery.