Arts Job | Finance Officer with Arts OutWest24.08.2016
Arts OutWest is currently seeking an experienced Finance Officer. The position is located at the Arts OutWest office, on the Bathurst Campus of Charles Sturt University.
Rate: $35 per hour, with an annual CPI increase and review of salary.
Arts OutWest is the organisation responsible for developing arts and culture in the communities of the NSW central west region. The organisation services eleven local government areas (Bathurst, Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Forbes, Lachlan. Lithgow, Oberon, Orange, Parkes, and Weddin). The organisation is a not-for-profit incorporated association with a board of management and a current staff of seven.
To provide financial management support including the management of all finances, budgets and financial reporting under accrual system for Arts OutWest Inc.
- Reporting to the Executive Officer and Board of Arts OutWest Inc.
- Manage all banking, payroll including all entitlements, book-keeping and financial record keeping duties
- The preparation of annual and project budgets in cooperation with the executive director
- Preparation of financial reports for the Board, ATO and any other agencies requiring such.
- Prepare all reports and records for annual and project auditing
- Maintenance of MYOB software
- Ensuring Arts OutWest meets its legal obligations and keeping up to date with the latest relevant legislation
- Maintain industry standards and provide appropriate advice to the organisation on any changes to relevant practices
- Liaise with the treasurer of Arts OutWest with regard to all budgeting and governance matters
- Work as a team member with the executive officer and other staff to develop and implement the Strategic Plan and Business Plan for the organisation
- Demonstrated understanding of financial accounting systems
- Demonstrated competency, experience and understanding of MYOB
- Demonstrated experience and high level skills in using Microsoft office programs including Word, Excel and Access database programs
- Experience in financial reporting
- Experience in the non-profit and community sector
- Understanding of the arts and cultural sector
- Cert IV in accounting or equivalent
Conditions of Employment
The position is based in the Arts OutWest office on the Bathurst campus of Charles Sturt University (Building 1454).
The position is offered as a permanent part time position for fourteen hours a fortnight.
The position can be worked as one full day, or two half days.
Enquiries and for Further Information
Enquiries are to be made to Arts OutWest Executive Director, Tracey Callinan.
Phone: (02) 6338 4657 or 0418 618 688
Applications should be emailed to Tracey Callinan.
Please note that applications must address the essential criteria.
For further information on Arts OutWest and this opportunity please visit their website.
Applications close Monday 5 September.