Arts Job | Director of Murray Art Museum Albury (MAMA)02.08.2016
The Murray Art Museum Albury (MAMA) is seeking a new Director. The position is permanent, full time.
The position is to provide strategic and operational leadership to MAMA, delivering on Albury City’s strategic and business directions which contribute to leading experiences that engage and have relevance to a broad audience.
Major tasks to be undertaken by the successful candidate include:
- Assist in the development and implementation of high-level strategic, cultural strategy including participation in community engagement programs.
- Be responsible for the Murray Art Museum Albury’s operational business and unit strategic planning, budget resourcing and implementation.
- Professionally manage, develop and implement strategies and actions developed through the MAMA Advisory Committee, Members and Foundation.
- Identify, budget and implement commercial development initiatives that maximise visitor experiences and income.
- Collaborate with Cultural Precinct stakeholders in developing and maintaining a contemporary and coordinated precinct program that compliments museum programming, including the outdoor sculpture gallery.
- Contribute to the broader place making activities across the city.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the development of a contemporary, innovative, high quality programs and experiences for visitors to MAMA.
- Provide leadership and direction to employees, including performance management, employee development, motivation and engagement.
- Actively participate in Cultural Services and broader Community & Recreation Group activities and contribute to the ongoing strengthening of team culture and relationships.
- Manage the planning, development, funding and evaluation of the annual exhibition program.
- Be endorsed as an Approved Manager for the sale and consumption of Liquor.
- Lead the effective coordination and delivery of all MAMA’s day to day operational activities including financial reporting, risk management and WHS, human resources, asset management, visitor liaison, and customer service.
- Develop and manage a diverse program of interactive Gallery Education and Public Program initiatives that inspire audiences to engage with the collection and exhibitions through dynamic programs.
- Assist and contribute to the effective public relations, brand management, audience research, advertising and promotional activities.
- Ensure ethical behaviour and maintain Council’s professional reputation.
- Work collaboratively with all team members to achieve the goals of MAMA, Cultural Services and the broader Community & Recreation Group.
- Ensure the continued growth and development of MAMA’s commercial operations to maximise its potential.
- Investigate and pursue funding opportunities and sponsorship including the preparation and submission of grants from Federal and State Government agencies as well as private and philanthropic sources.
- Act as project facilitator in the implementation of all business improvement projects, taking responsibility for the project planning, deliverables, budget and resource management, administration and engagement.
- Represent MAMA in all public arenas.
- Source new and manage existing key relationships with corporate sponsors, philanthropists, major donors and other financial partnerships.
- Manage the relationships with industry organisations, individual artists and with State and Federal institutions.
- Work in collaboration with Cultural Services and the broader Community & Recreation senior management team.
- Manage WHS, risk assessments and the micro-review of asset efficiencies across MAMA.
- Perform other tasks or duties as directed by the Supervisor which are within the limits of the employee’s skill, competence and training.
- Observe requirements of the WHS Legislation, relevant to the job and adhere to AlburyCity Policies and Procedures regarding WHS.
- Observe appropriate AlburyCity Policies and Procedures regarding day to day operations including Equal Employment Opportunity policies, AlburyCity’s Dress Code and Standards Policy and AlburyCity’s Code of Conduct.
- Visits to external sites/depots and Albury City Administration building as required.
For more position criteria, further information and to apply please visit THIS PAGE.