Arts Job | Coffs Harbour City Council Gallery and Museum Curator10.08.2016
Coffs Harbour City Council is seeking an a Gallery and Museum Curator. This position sits within the Library, Museum, Gallery and Cultural Services team. This section supports the delivery of a variety of community programs, venues and services with the aim of meeting the 2030 Community Strategic Plan outcomes of an engaged, connected, enriched, learning, safe, sustainable, healthy and inclusive community.
- To provide support to the leadership team of Coffs Harbour City Council on the establishing a high performance organisation through the development of its people and processes.
- To curate Council’s museum and gallery exhibitions and collections to provide an engaging, stimulating and quality experience for customers.
- To develop museum and gallery collections that are relevant and of value to the community and to professional industry standards.
- To support the development of the visual arts and local historical research in the Coffs Harbour local government area.
- To provide customer, circulation and information services to LMG and Cultural Services customers at any location as rostered.
- To support the Groups public programs and outreach activities as required.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree in History, Visual Arts or Arts Administration or equivalent.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years’ experience in museum or gallery curation and administration, including knowledge of contemporary cultural collection practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of legislative requirements and industry standards relating to museums and galleries.
- Demonstrated experience in research, and developing and curating exhibitions and collections, and producing related publications and information resources.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, and in using the online environment as a communication medium.
- Demonstrated high-level customer service skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in budget monitoring and control.
- Demonstrated high level computer literacy and skills including internet search skills, Microsoft Office programs and Outlook.
- Demonstrated knowledge of museum and gallery collection management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver in house training and outreach programs.
- Current class C Drivers licence and Working with Children Check.
For more information please visit the job listing HERE. For further enquiries please contact Cath Fogarty on (02) 6648 4904.