Job Opportunity | Arts and Cultural Development Officer21.06.2016
Singleton Council has a newly created opportunity for someone to join their Economic and Community Operations team based at the Visitor Information Centre.
The Economic and Community Operations Team provide a range of Council’s social initiatives, action plans and policies to enhance, develop, and promote Singleton as a centre for arts and cultural exhibitions, industries and innovation.
You will deliver projects that have a focus on Arts and Culture and proactively assist in researching, coordinating and delivering a variety of arts and cultural projects. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the development of community arts programming.
- Tertiary qualifications in Arts or equivalent experience in arts and cultural development.
- Strong understanding of arts and cultural development processes.
- Knowledge of government policies and trends relevant to arts and cultural development.
- Highly developed skills in program and project management, including planning, development, monitoring and evaluation.
- Highly developed oral and written skills.
- Current Class C drivers licence.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage competing demands.
- Previous local government experience.
The position is offered on a permanent full time basis working 35 hours per week and placed at Grade 7 of the salary system ($974.16 to $1095.81 per week base).
Council also offers a Rostered Day Off (RDO) every three (3) weeks and local gym membership discount.
To apply for this position please ensure you provide a copy of your resume and a cover letter. You will be required to address the selection criteria via the online application. Please note this is a mandatory section and must be completed to progress your application.
For further information please refer to the application instructions Information for Intending Applicants, the Position Description or contact Nicole Pitts – Manager Community and Cultural Services on 02 6578 7512.
Closing Date for Applications: Thursday 30 June 2016.
Please visit THIS PAGE for more information.