Regional Arts NSW's Art Links07.08.2014
Links We Love
- The Indigenous Art Code is an invaluable resource for Indigenous artists. Artists Bibi Barba and Jane Young relate their journey of life as artists before and after the code. You find out more about the code here
- Australians need to ‘out’ themselves as lovers of the Arts
- Menindee sings for stolen kids – People from the outback town of Menindee band together to produce a community play about a local elder who was taken away as a child. Courtesy of ABC Open
- When it comes to art: Aussies want boundary pushers more than ram shearers says ArtsHub
- 10 short plays in 1 exciting night! Hissyfest2014 is looking for young (16 and up) playwrights, directors and actors- Sound like you?
- A new report commissioned by Museums and Galleries NSW tells us why Cultural Facilities in Regional cities matter!
- Did you know just an hour south of Sydney in Mittagong is Sturt, Australia’s oldest craft centre? Established in 1941 Sturt is a centre of excellence for the promotion and teaching of Australian contemporary craft and design. Courses range from one day to a one year course in fine furniture. More information here
- In Port Macquarie Big Dance may be over, but you can catch some of the action here or if you’re in the area next month say Hello Koala. The Hello Koala Public Sculpture Trail will dot the landscape from the mountains to the sea. Find out more about the trail here.