Arts Job | Head of Strings, NECOM29.08.2013
- Armidale, NSW
- Remuneration: $60,000-$70,000
- Commences January 2014
The New England Conservatorium of Music (NECOM) in Armidale, NSW Australia is seeking a dynamic and experienced string pedagogue for the full time position of Head of Strings, commencing in late January 2014.
NECOM is the New England’s leading cultural institution in Armidale, the ‘capital’ of the New England region in northern NSW, Australia. Armidale is a unique city with a long tradition of excellence in education, fine music and community arts, and is home to the University of New England (UNE).
NECOM is NSW’s fastest growing non-tertiary regional conservatorium, reaching over 4,500 students annually and offering high quality music education and performance opportunities to children, young people, schools, teachers and adults across the region.
The Head of Strings is a newly created position responsible for the leadership and co-ordination of the String Studies Program delivered at NECOM and at regional schools. The string program is now in its 10th year and offers the right candidate the opportunity to enhance and advance the program in its next decade of development.
The position includes instrumental teaching at NECOM and partner schools in Armidale; conducting ensembles; steering the creation and delivery of String Study Program; and performance in NECOM’s student concerts and professional concert programs in the New England region.
- Tertiary degree in violin, viola or cello performance and/or education or pedagogy
- Substantial experience in teaching from beginner to advanced levels
- Demonstrated success in program development in a music education context including the ability to initiate, co-ordinate and evaluate new programs
- Outstanding communication, negotiation and public relations skills including ability to develop and sustain productive relationships with parents, students and other stakeholders
- Outstanding organisational skills, ability and stamina to work in multiple teaching and performance environments
- Proven ability to work as a team member and to provide skilled, collaborative and inspiring leadership to support the goals of an organisation
- Competent range of IT skills including efficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience and / or certification with music education methods such as Dalcroze Eurhythmics, Kodaly, Orff Schulwerk or Colourstrings
- Experience as an instrumental or music teacher in a K-Year 12 school environment
- Previous experience and understanding of living and working in a regional community
- Experience of NSW Board of Studies music syllabus, examination systems AMEB and Trinity College
- Experience in preparing students for Eisteddfods
A competitive remuneration package will be offered based on experience, including a generous relocation allowance and this role enjoys generous school holidays.
KEY DATES & INFORMATION
Applications close on Friday 20 September 2013
Contact: Susanne James, NECOM Director
Mobile: 0449 672719 or Tel: 02 6773 6139 E: firstname.lastname@example.org